Simple Curd Cake


Oh, everything is just great!
I keep doing my workout each morning and afterwards I always feel so energetic, so capable of doing anything. I just love that feeling, as it makes me more concentrated on my future!
Also, today is very warm(22 degrees!!!), it seems that summer came back, doesn't it?
I am really in a good mood, that's why right now it doesn't matter that I didn't pass my driving exam yesterday. I am an optimist and I know that I'll do it next time. I'll get that fuc*ing driving license!

Today I wanted something simple and quickly made, so I baked curd cake. And while waiting until the top of the cake gets a golden colour, I've spent the afternoon in my cosy balcony reading one of my favourite books - 'Jane Eyre' written by Charlotte Brontë(an old version(released in 1954) of the book, which belongs to my grandmother). I think I should also watch a movie, may be in the evening or tomorrow. 

Simple Curd Cake
Ingredients:
base:
1 egg yolk
1,1/2 cups wheaten flour
1/2 cup butter
pinch vanilla
1 tablespoon white sugar
6-7 tablespoons cold water

curd filling:
1/4 cup wheaten flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
pinch vanilla
2 tablespoons cream
3 eggs
450 g curd

Instructions:
1.Base making process: Take a bowl and combine the butter with the flour. Blend until it becomes a crumbly pastry. Add the egg yolk, the vanilla and six tablespoons of the water. Whisk for a few minutes. Then knead a paste for more than 5 minutes and roll a medium-size circle.
2.Curd filling making process: Mix the butter and sugar. Add the curd, flour, cream, egg yolks and vanilla. Beat for a while. In another bowl froth egg whites. Pour them in the curd mixture and slowly beat.
3.Heat the oven to 200 degrees(Celsius). Butter and flour a cake pan and put the rolled batter round in it. Fill with the curd cream mixture. Bake for 50-55 minutes, until the toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.

YUUUMMI!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment