Chocolate Cupcakes





Today I was at the school. It was so strange to enter that building and not to see any familiar faces(I mean classmates, as I finished school last year). That place was my second home for four years and now I come there just as a guest. I'm not a part of that community anymore. Jeez, I've never thought I'll feel such a nostalgia related to the school, to all the memories.

But you know, it was sad just at some first minutes. A little bit later I hugged one of the best teachers I've ever had and from that moment I couldn't stop smiling. It was so great to visit my english teacher. And of course, I baked some chocolate cupcakes for her.
We spent a cosy afternoon drinking tea, tasting those delicious muffins and talking about everything. It seemed that I was sitting next to my friend, but not a teacher. And it doesn't matter that she's much older than me, she has some special character features which makes you feel that you know her for ages. She told me about her daughter's youth, about the time, when she was my age, about her failure in one music high school's admission exam and also about her success in passing another exam at another music high school just a few hours after her first misfortune. This story and every word that she said encouraged me to reach my goals, to achieve what I want so bad. So I told her about my future plans, what I'm going to do in the next few months period. I told that I'll take one of the most important exams in the beginning of the spring and she agreed to help me to prepare. And I'm so thankful, that I don't even know how to describe.
I genuinely admire her as a person.

And now I'm really very busy, I have so many tasks to do. The whole book of readings similar to those which may be included in the examination. And of course, some novels that I can't wait to start reading. I've just finished one of Jodi Picoult books - 'Mercy' and 'Captain Corelli's Mandolin' written by Louis de Bernières is waiting for me.

Oh, and the recipe:
This one belongs to Beata Nicholson, who's writing her own blog http://www.beatosvirtuve.lt/blog/. She's also a host of her own TV broadcast - 'Beatos virtu'('Beata's Cuisine'). And I think that she's a marvelous cook/chef!


Chocolate Cupcakes(12 pieces)
Ingredients:
100g dark chocolate
1/2 cup butter
2 tablespoons cocoa
3 eggs
3/4 cup white sugar
pinch vanilla
3 tablespoons cream
1,1/2 cups wheaten flour
1,1/2 teaspoons baking powder(I used baking soda)

Instructions:
1.Take a pot and melt the chocolate and butter, add some spoons of cocoa.
2.In a bowl beat eggs, sugar and vanilla thoroughly and then pour a chocolate-butter-cocoa mixture in. Mix once again. Add the cream and flour and whisk for a few minutes.
3.Heat the oven to 190 degrees(Celsius). Take a cupcakes pan, put the lined paper cups in. Then fill those cups with a batter until the top edges. You may also insert some chocolate chips or squares in the middle of each cupcake. Bake about 30 minutes.

YUUUMMI!!!

2 comments: