Granola




The healthiest and the tastiest breakfast - granola!

I have to admit that until I've turned 18, I wasn't used to eat breakfast at all. I just couldn't put anything in my mouth in the morning, so I casually started my day with a cup of green or black tea with a slice of lemon in it(later a cup of coffee). Everyone, including my parents and grandparents(especially grandmother) kept telling me that it was extremely unhealthy, but I didn't pay any attention to the warnings and advices, as my stomach seemed to be still sleepy and not ready to work at the time of the early mornings. So there was no point in trying to eat, as my organism didn't accept anything except liquids. 
But one day, my grandma told me that when she was younger, she had a stomach canker, which caused pain. At that time she couldn't eat anything spicy and sour. Her menu mostly included cereals, anything else could cause more pain. Doctors said that it happened due to not eating breakfast. My BFF told me almost the same story about herself and her mother.
And I can say that it really made me change my mind. Of course, I didn't start eating breakfast immediately after hearing those stories, but day by day I got used to this. I'd been eating yogurt, fruits, curd with berries/jam, etc. But what I like the most is cereals(now I can even say that I wouldn't survive without them). And recently I've found some recipes of granola, so I had to try them out. But actually, I didn't follow a one exact recipe, I just used the products that I like the most:)
Also, I wouldn't say that it's cheaper to make granola at home than buy it, but I think that it's definitely tastier and of course healthier!

Granola
Ingredients:
400g oats
50g almonds(you may also add almond shaves)
50g hazelnuts
20-30g coconut shaves
100g dried cranberries
1/4 cup butter
100ml honey
(you may use different quantities of the products)


Instructions:
1.Take a bowl and combine oats, almonds(almond shaves), hazelnuts and coconut shaves. In the pot, melt the butter and honey and pour it in to the bowl with dry ingredients. Mix everything thoroughly.
2.Place the baking paper in the each pan and put the nuts-butter-honey mixture on it. Heat the oven to 170 degrees(Celsius) and bake about 25 minutes. While baking, mix granola for a few times with a spatula. After baking take it from the oven, add dried cranberries and mix once again. Wait until it gets cool. Granola should be kept in a glass bowl with a top that not to get damp/wet, as then all the ingredients stick. You may eat it with yogurt, milk or without anything:)


YUUUMMI!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment